Monday, July 28, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
My labor of love is now complete...and boy, were those creative contractions ever painful.
After four semi-froggings and subsequent reknits, the U-Neck Vest is finally wearable. Well, almost.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Friday, July 4, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
My knitting pal, Audrey, tagged me with a meme. I was just thinking about wanting to be tagged with one yesterday when I found the comment in my inbox. Happy Meme-ing!
The Rules: Each player answers the five questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1. What I was doing 10 years ago:
In the summer of 1998, I had just finished my second year at university at UW in Seattle. I was living with my first year roommate, Jen, in a 2 BDR townhouse the Northgate neighborhood. And I was going out with a frat boy. That was also the year that I qualified for the program which gave me the scholarship to Germany … where I eventually was to meet my DH.
2. What 5 things are on on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- Post on my expat blog since I haven’t in two weeks
- Apply for some more writing gigs
- Finish an article for a travel blog on wine festivals in Germany
- Work on a birthday gift for my darling girlfriend in SF, Alexis
- Go through a few books on freelance writing
3. Snacks I enjoy:
- Burnt rice from the bottom of the pot (yes, I know I am wierd)
- Popcorn with a melted butter/margarine, garlic powder and nutritional yeast mixture
- Sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Wheat Cereal Biscuits
4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire:
- start my book/yarn/coffee shop/arts and craft gallery
- design and build my own eco-house in Seattle (for which one has to be obscenely wealthy)
- take the cello again
- fund local women’s and educational charities wherever I am
- buy an incredible writing utensil
- adopt a pair of pure bread pug puppies – black, of course
5. Places I have lived:
- Yakima, WA, USA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Freiburg, Germany
- Mainz, Germany
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Manchester, England